Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Cook Books vs. Recipe Sites - #septemberchallenge #NaBloPoMo

NaBloPoMo 
September 2015  Everyday Gyaan

Wednesday, September 23, 2015


Tell us about a recipe you learned to make from the Internet.

~~~oOo~~~

I don't think I ever have learned a recipe from the internet. Either that, or maybe one or two, but they are so far back in my memory (and I'm talking years instead of months or weeks) that it is nearly impossible to recall.

There was a time when I had a 'close call' to learning a recipe, though. I had wanted to make some caramels. We had all the ingredients, but no measuring spoons or cups, so I guessed at the amounts and tried to appear confident to my 12 year old daughter.

The taste was there, but the mass was so sticky that it nearly defied being cut. It was as much taffy as caramel. You could pull off a hunk, and pull it farther and farther away from the main dish, the strand of candy getting thinner and thinner, and then walk back to the pan, twisting up the strand(s) back and forth between the index fingers of both hands.

My kitchen and I have a somewhat adversarial relationship.

5 comments:

  1. Smiling... Reminds me of the taffy making session we once had at my Mom's place.
    I use internet recipes all the time, Luann, but I never stick to quantities too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know I'm not the only one 'winging it' in the kitchen, Corinne! :O)

      Delete
  2. I don't think I have ever "learned" a recipe from the internet - I have tried several with different levels of success (good with Pioneer Woman). I too have an adversarial relationship with my kitchen but my biggest thing is the "meal planning" - I loathe it with a hatred that is as hot as a thousand fires...lol...I need to work on it....sigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind planning the meals, Maria, but in my family when I try to do something new, the family want an 'old favorite', but then when I do old favorites, they complain about 'the same old stuff'. :/

      Delete
  3. I have found quite a few nice recipes on Pinterest and have tried them out. But I do try out books from cookbooks all the same too, so maybe a little bit of both for me?

    ReplyDelete