Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Wife's Work v2.0



I wrote the following pretty much off the cuff, following the "Monday's Child"-type poem style.  As my poem was posted to some marriage link-ups, however, my version is about being a wife.  One of the comments I had was that I should turn it into a graphic and possibly Pin It.

So I did that, using my pre-school  Photoshop skills.  Any tips for improvement would be greatly appreciated.  In the meantime, here it is:

Oh, BTW, last year I posted a total of 22 times to this blog.  This post represents my 23rd post in the month of January!  Yay me!  And a million thank yous to the bloggers and link-ups who have made that possible.

9 comments:

  1. This probably wouldn't sit well with women's libbers, but I'm sure many husbands would appreciate this kind of wife.

    Lee
    Wrote By Rote
    An A to Z Co-host blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment, Lee. I agree with you on the women's libber view too. And years ago, I probably would have been one of them!

    So looking forward to the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love taking care of my family so I can appreciate your poem! Very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for your comment, Erin. I'm glad to hear from you. The poem was written in about 5 minutes (mostly to make the rhymes fit) while I was grilling chicken the other day. *LOL* Hope I get better at it in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This poem speaks volumes for every woman who is and aspires to be a blessing to her family, the world and God's kingdom. Thanks for sharing LuAnn, have a super blessed day!
    Love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your kind words, Ugochi. They have lifted my spirits. Whenever I have been tempted to or become selfish in my marriage since yesterday, the little phrase "No smelly water" comes up in my head. *LOL* Bless you for shining your light.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great... Wives play an important role in family life.. =)

    www.thejourneyofawoman.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice poem.. =) Women play a very important role in family life... =)

    www.thejourneyofawoman.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Viviene. Thank you so much for your kind words. You are a beautiful young woman and I enjoyed reading about you and your husband's journey together.

    ReplyDelete